so . . . thanks for working with us today. mrs. scharf's email was down so we were unable to do the presentation fully, but here are just the key points:
the theme has been selected: "In another world . . ."
- a variety of interpretations to be had
- just a prompt, not a big fat rule
- recycle your junk and bring in the bux
- we will be collecting any at the next meeting
- we are not for profit, so we need your help
- CLUB MERCH!!
THE DEAL WITH SUBMISSIONS
- if we receive over twelve submissions by Oct 16th, we will surprise you with something at the following meeting . . .
- don't forget the open submission policy
ZOE'S PHOTO STORY PROJECT
- basically a hangout where we throw vanity to the wind and document it through Zoe's amazing photography
- anyone welcome
- yes, food (probably)
- if interested, text Alyson or Shaylie. if you don't got our digits, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- date and time TBA
here are some examples of a photo story/diary from the mind explosion of a website, ROOKIE MAG.
- this is the video we watched most of today
- a 90's documentary by then-high school senior Michael Lucid
- demonstrates the effect of free expression of opinion and zines
here's the video if you would like to see the rest of it
anyhow, apologies for our impromptu awkwardness and unorganizational skills (?). we had a great turnout today - people in every desk AND ON THE FLOOR SHEEZUS!! keep it up ;)
keep on keeping on,
Alyson and Shaylie